View Single Post
Unread 05-10-2020, 03:20 PM   #3
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
Do you still have the 50's Rich? Please leave me one in your will because I know I'll never be able to afford one!
Yep. Have two of them. Both Barretts. Model 99 and model 95. Never fired the 95, though. Bought the 95 used. Sold a bunch of baby snakes, then drove to a gun show and spent that money on the gun. I know why the guy sold it. He had put a rather expensive variable scope on it that only had an eye relief of about 2 inches. This gun is rather light for a .50 BMG, so I imagine he only fired it once. After getting stitches for the cut on his eyebrow where the scope hit him, I'm sure he didn't want to have anything more to do with that gun. First thing I did when I brought it home was to yank off that scope and bought one with 4 inches of eye relief, designed for the 50 caliber. But still, haven't gotten around to shoot it. I also bought a new muzzle brake from Barrett that is supposed to be more effective than the one that originally came with it. But haven't gotten around to that neither.

Sure hope someone sends me a "round tuit" some day.