View Single Post
Unread 02-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #16
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sorry, but I am looking hard at all of the forums here and any that are apparently abandoned will be removed to unclutter the site. Basically a "use it or lose it" philosophy. That goes especially for the club forums I set up for the various Corvette clubs around. If they aren't being used, then they don't need to be taking up screen space here.

I don't mind setting up specialty forums when members request them and they seem reasonable, but they have to "earn their keep" by being used.

As for the holidays impacting that new "Member Services" forum being utilized, what major holidays would that be that took place between January 15 when I set it up and now?

Seriously folks, I go to many other types of forum sites and when I see forums that haven't had new posts in them for months or even a year, it just looks bad. Any site that LOOKS like a ghost town will BECOME a ghost town as visitors believe that there is no sense registering there because there isn't enough traffic to warrant their bothering to participate. Unfortunately it is a truism of message board sites that they must APPEAR to be active in order to BE active.

So if there are forums here you particularly want to keep, then participate within them. If no one is interested in participating within them, then why bother to have them?