View Single Post
Unread 07-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #130
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
So today we had a pretty impressive storm front come at us from the north and west. Lots of thunder. But of course, most of the rain passed around us, and we just got a tenth of an inch of rain out of it.

I don't know what it is about this specific area that causes rain storms to act like they do. But I can understand why farmers from yesteryear didn't do well here. Even with the light showers and all we have had every day, I probably still should be watering the citrus trees.

The property we have used to be farm land many years ago. A guy told us that the stream that runs through the north end of our property used to be crystal clear water when it was running through nothing but farmland. Of course, when the farms were abandoned, the forest reclaimed the land, and now the water is colored darkly from all the tannin the roots release into the water.
That rain you had is headed toward me about 90 miles out in the gulf to my north. So much for the 70% they called for today as my area has not seen any rain today.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote