View Single Post
Unread 12-15-2010, 07:38 PM   #26
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy61 View Post
the tune from the first 383 build was tuned with EF live.I just as soon stay with that since it's already in my computer.It may need some slight adjustments for me to be able to dive it for the break-in period.After 1000 miles I'll take it and have it dyno tuned.It should be pushing 500rwhp when tuned correctly.
It doesn't work that way, Mike. EFI is just a programmed METHOD of tuning the data in your computer much like different web browsers view the data that comes from web servers. The program used to do the tuning is basically a preference thing of the tuner. For instance, Jim Smith is using some GM specialty programmer to do my car, but when he is done, I can use either EFI Live or HPtuners to capture the tune in my car afterwards. And so can any other tuner. The data really doesn't care which program is being used to view and manipulate it.

So when someone says they are an EFI Live tuner, that's because they have spent the money on the software and licenses and have learned to use that particular tool. It has nothing at all to do with what programming tool the previous tuner used on the car.

But what is IMPORTANT, is that the person using whatever tool they choose to in order to do the programing be proficient in that particular method of tuning.