View Single Post
Unread 03-29-2016, 07:19 PM   #2213
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I ordered the starter from Summit Racing. It's a PowerMaster brand.

Already got the new plug wires. Showed up today. Sure can't beat Summit Racing for quick shipping... But if I do need to return them, Summit is real good about that sort of thing.

That sounds weird to me that a brand of headers might affect the spark plug wire choice. The coils are right over the spark plugs and it's a direct shot for the wires. So unless the headers actually obstruct the spark plugs, which would be a royal pain in the butt anyway, I'm having trouble seeing how they could affect the length of the spark plug wires.

Speaking of Kooks, I heard that they had redesigned their headers to make them far easier to install. Some of my problem might be the other mods that were done. It may be a matter of figuring out just what is in the way, and figure out a way to move it OUT of the way.

I'm already planning on jacking up the engine a slight bit so I can loosen the motor mount brackets on the engine block to try to slide the mount and bracket out. I've read where people said this will work, but man, I dunno.. Those studs on the motor mounts are pretty darn long. Why someone didn't design them to have screw in bolts instead of those attached studs is beyond me. Would have made motor mount replacements a heck of a lot easier to do. Anyway, I have to be careful jacking the engine up because that FAST intake manifold is already REALLY close to the overhang in the back of the engine compartment. Anything more than about a quarter of an inch will mean that the intake manifold will need to come out too.

I contacted LGM about getting that header out, and was told by Anthony that I have to just point the header straight down and then rotate the bottom towards the passenger side wheel well. I did try that, as it is in their install instructions, but darn if I could get that to work. I might need to have Connie up on top looking into the engine compartment while I work underneath so she can see what might be getting in the way. I sure as heck don't want to break some wires just yanking and twisting that header.

Thing is, once I get that header out, I might be REAL reluctant to put it back in. Hence my thinking about Kooks replacements. But it might take a few weeks to get them ordered and ceramic coated too. Oh well, it's not like my car hasn't already spent a lot of time sitting up on the lift.

Last edited by Rich Z; 03-30-2016 at 09:16 PM. Reason: FAST intake manifold, not Pfadt..... Duh
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote