View Single Post
Unread 04-03-2016, 08:31 PM   #2219
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I think I may have found a solution for the problem of getting to the motor mount on the driver's side without lifting the car pretty high off of the floor.

Picked one up from Harbor Freight yesterday -> http://www.harborfreight.com/450-lb-...ack-39178.html

Hopefully that will do the job for me. I will still likely have to stand on a foot stool, but that will be a whole lot better than standing on the top of a ladder to get into the engine bay. Still won't be any picnic, but at least I won't likely kill myself falling off a ladder.

And I am not going to be putting that insulation wrap on the headers again. Apparently exposure to high head makes it gradually degrade and disintegrate. The areas where the heat was the highest have become discolored and easily breaks apart when handled....

Plus that stuff is pretty nasty when it breaks up into little particles. Makes the skin itch like mad, and I'm sure breathing it will put you into a world of hurt. I just have to try to get all those particles cleaned up as best I can. I'm sure some of it is still coating the lower parts of the frame where the headers are located. I know my arms were itching again after putting in that passenger side motor mount...