View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris308 View Post
I guess i should add, i'm not too worried about weight as much as bulkiness, i have a kydex holster cause there was no way i could wear a leather one.

Looking for something slimmer...

Are the 1911 style subs thinner than Glocks? Is the Kahr thinner than your Glock?
I don't have the Kahr handy, but the Glock 33 measures an inch wide at the slide, and an inch an 1/8th wide at the base of the grip.

A .45 will probably be wider simply because the cartridge itself is wider.

Since the .357Sig is a necked down .40 casing (10mm), I would think you could find a 9mm slimmer than either of the above.

I know a lot of people don't recommend carrying anything in a smaller caliber than 9mm, but in my opinion ANY gun is better than having NO gun. Anyone who knows what even a .22 can do to your body is going to want to avoid being shot by one.

I chose the Glock 33 because it was the smallest gun I could find that carried the most power in my hand. The .357Sig puts the ballistics of the .357 Magnum in an autoloading cartridge, and gives a rather compact handgun with a LOT of punch.

Of course, maybe something newer has come out that is smaller and carries more punch.