View Single Post
Unread 05-04-2020, 08:08 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
Seems since the fluid change the A8 has been much better. I will buy a Range device that keeps it in V8 mode all the time. Says it saves wear and tear on the T/C since it won't be going into 4 and 8 banger mode a 1000 times a day.
That has to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. Seriously, who buys a Corvette because they are concerned about gas mileage and wants it to go into 4 cylinder power? I sure as heck wouldn't.

The Grand Cherokee does the same thing, but honestly, so far I haven't been able to tell that it is doing so. There are ways you can trick it into not dropping down into 4 cylinder, but I haven't had a reason to try them. I will say that I am darn glad I didn't by the V6 version instead of the 8 cylinder hemi. I guess they couldn't work out a satisfactory method of dropping it down to less cylinders so they came up with a method of saving gasoline that I'm sure some genius at the funny farm came up with. When you come to a full stop, the engine shuts off. Completely. Yeah, I couldn't believe it neither. Had they implemented that in the 8 cylinder, I would have taken it back to the dealership during the test drive and told them to keep it. They claim that the heavy duty starter they put on those engines will prevent any undue wear and problems. Yeah, right... Sheesh.... Probably not a coincidence that they dropped the lifetime warranty that Jeep used to offer. I wouldn't buy one of those on a dare.