View Single Post
Unread 03-24-2019, 07:00 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

I took the car out for a little ride today, and the drivetrain didn't make even a peep. However I did note that it seems to be some resistance going into gears as I am shifting. Kind of like the clutch isn't releasing completely when the clutch pedal is pressed to the floor.

The big problem here is that every drive train noise issue I have tried to track down on the internet for info and comparison, none of them have been intermittent. They have been pretty much on/off switches. Either makes a noise or it doesn't. Either bad or it is not. None of this middle of the road crap.

So what would make an intermittent metal to metal rubbing/grinding noise? Something not tightened down and loose, therefore moving around, sometimes causing an alignment issue and therefore subsequent noise, and other times not? In hindsight, I was getting intermittent noises when bolts were missing and others loose that mounted the bell housing to the block.

Yeah, I think it all needs to be taken apart and looked at closely by someone who knows what they are looking at for any witness marks of unusual wear and tear. And if it is going to all be torn down, I might as well get everything replaced that COULD be causing the issue. Yeah, I don't like "shotgun" repairs, but I'm getting to the point where this either has to get fixed, or it will just have to be time to move on and put this behind me. I've put up with this for long enough, I think, and getting tired of having this burr in my
britches.