View Single Post
Unread 01-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #14
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85vette View Post
I think I understand his concern. Americans are already edgy when it comes to politics, what with all the recent teaparty movements and such, aimed at ousting career politicians that are "do nothing" leaches that feed their own agendas at taxpayer expense. Throw in an unbalenced, schitzo, radical non-conformist and watch them become emboldened. A rational person would not react this way. Given the number of irrational people in this world we should expect this. To what degree can we blame the media? It's hard to say, but you must agree ther's a lot of "hype" involved in reporting that wasn't there when I/we grew up.
I too understand what he's saying, but as an elected public official, and speaking as "the Sheriff", I think he was irresponsible for saying it.
Doing so places him in the same league as those attention seekers he derides.
He becomes just another radical, freedom grabbing politician in the eyes of the "radicals" he complains about.
Not the best way to win hearts and minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Man, that's the truth. Used to be that the news REPORTED the news via reporters. Now they want to MAKE the news by being journalists instead so they can earn a Pulitzer.
It's about ratings and $$$.
Generally speaking, "good" doesn't sell press.

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote