View Single Post
Unread 12-14-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kap142 View Post
Not a bad approach Bob, just play the cards your delt. If he's on edge let him know very early. Never allow yourself to appear "hipped". Be up front as a law abiding citizen and "be cool. I've always felt that I'm more prone to consider you an ally then an enemy if you are calm and (at the intelligent time} let me know your packin and under what authority.

Others may feel differently but it worked for me for 25 years of all kinds of encounters and I always came home safe.
I'm a pretty easy going guy unless something really pizzes me off. I've had maybe one or two officers that were irritating but nothing close to really making me mad. I'm always "cool" because I have friends that are or were LEO's and all of the folks in uniform have my gratitude and respect. I definitely feel like I am an ally.

I would never vocally tell an officer I am armed if they didn't ask. If it was necessary for them to know I would just hand them my permit so they know up front I'm legal. I think that's important to put them at ease. I also would never hesitate to help a LEO if they needed it. We have a lot in common and that is not to let the bad guy win.

I hope others jump in here with their opinion.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote