View Single Post
Unread 02-09-2010, 05:19 PM   #101
Bob K
Deceased

Name : Bob Korreck
Bob K has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou G View Post
Bob, thank you for starting this thread.
I used to do the 1/4 mile with my '63 Vert back in '63 and '64 at Island Dragway in New Jersey. It was a 340 carburation and was very consistent around 13.1 but most the time got beat by the 360 fuelies. The track is still there but I have not raced again.
I go to the Orlando track whenever I get a chance.

Spiceman, you walk softly but carry a big stick. I have met you and your Mallett a couple of times but didn't know your racing history. When I get back to Florida I will get in touch and buy you and the wife a cup of coffee or a beer.
Lou
Geez Lou, I really appreciate the thank you. I have also been at Island Dragway but usually I was at Englishtown. I looked at your profile and I see a stick car which makes bracket racing a real challenge but you should consider it. I enjoy racing the kids. They think I'm just an old waxer out there trying to get down trhe track. Gives us an advantage.

I agree with you about Spice. I feel like there is greatness all around me. This thread is full of so many guys with so much experience. Who would have guessed? Someday I hope to meet everyone. Maybe even get a driving lesson from Spice.
Bob K is offline   Reply With Quote