View Single Post
Unread 08-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #1789
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Got the car up on the rack today and just poked around looking at stuff.

Shane mentioned that I need to get the oil feed line going to the junction that feeds oil to the turbos up off or the driver's side exhaust pipe. I had tried wrapping it with a black convoluted mesh tubing a while back, but it obviously could not take the heat and melted. So Shane suggested putting in a hanger to pull the braided hose line up and away from the exhaust pipe. So I did that today. Also pulled off that black plastic and ran the silver high temp stuff I had around it. Also wrapped the smaller lines coming from the junction with the high temp stuff as well.

But I think I would like to relocate that oil line stuff all over again, since it looks pretty funky. Chris Harwood apparently moved it to bit around the Aeromotive fuel pump he put back there, but now that the pump is gone, I'd like to dress it up a little bit better sometime. Then Aaron Scott put in the steel braided main oil lines for me, both coming from the oil pan, and then going back to the scavenge pump. But I don't have any idea what sort of fittings those are going into and coming out of that "T" junction to the turbos themselves.

I'm thinking it is going to be a mess pulling those lines off and having oil spilling out of them. Maybe I could just get a straight AN fitting to replace that angled one and make do with the others. Well, no, I can't, because one of them runs right through a rubber tail pipe hanger. So I'm going to have to pull off one end of that side, regardless.

Anyone have any idea what kind of fittings those brass ones are? And how they come apart and what I would need to do to shorten the braided lines? I've put AN fittings on the fuel lines, but I'm not sure how these things work.

And is that AN fitting an adapter of some sort to tie into that brass "T" fitting? That looks like an AN -6 line going into the back of the "T" junction. Not sure what size the feed lines are. I'd rather order the stuff ahead of time rather than take it all apart and then try to figure it all out.

Anyway, it was refreshing to look underneath my car after bringing it home from a shop and not have to deal with all kinds of crap left hanging underneath there haphazardly. Shane did a real good job putting everything back together again and in place they way it all should be. I've just got to do some minor positioning of the tail pipes, since one is slightly lower than the other side, but no big deal.

Been raining every day, so I haven't had it out for a drive since bringing it back home. Maybe the monsoons will go away some day soon and I can get that new clutch broken in...