View Single Post
Unread 09-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Hardbar camera mount

Finally found the time to install the HardBar brace and camera mount I bought a little while back. Finding the right tools caused some delay. First off, I didn't have the T-47 Torx bit to remove the old seat belt bolts. Then I found that the threaded hole in the frame didn't want to accept the new bolts for the bar. Talked to the people that make the HardBar and they said it was probably some glue in the threads that needed to be tapped out. So I went out and bought a metric tap and die set. Re-tapping the threads did the trick. The old seat belts then mount onto the bar itself, so you don't lose the use of the seat belts.

I used an electronic level for the camera mount so it is dead on level. Or at least as level as the ground the car is now setting on. Have to take it for a spin soon to see how well it works. Wish the camera had a remove viewing screen so I could actually see what the camera sees while driving. Not really keen on trying to turn my head to see the viewfinder while driving....