View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2007, 03:51 PM   #33
vette8t7

Name :
vette8t7 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Concepts
Nice post vette8t7.........the Corvette heritage is steeped in many traditions and shows like Ecklers is certainly one of them.
The reason Ecklers moved the event to Old Town was because the property next door which they were using for parking was under agreement for sale and there was a chance that they wouldn't be able to use it. It was a wise choice to use Oldtown for the venue. I for one enjoyed spending the day in Kissimmee. I hope they'll do it again for the next gathering.
There was talk of an interested buyer and there was a "chance" the lot would not be able to be utilized. However...the use of the lot for the TCC show held at Eckler's 30 days earlier was never presented to us as being an issue. It may have been they initially planned on trying the SpringFest to another venue...then after taking a poll at the October Reunion about having one show in the Spring...the outcome was a combination of the two at Old Town.
Classic Chevy already had workings with Old Town in place from previous Winter National shows. So whether it was due to "lot questions" or "change of atmosphere" the transition wouldn't be as hard a starting from scratch. I have noticed varying opinions on the whole issue from their management and it isn't apparent it moved. In reality if the lot was in question...the Reunion could have stayed in October-6 months from now and it would have been a little more obvious whether or not the lot would have been available.
vette8t7 is offline   Reply With Quote