Thread: Summit Racing
View Single Post
Unread 07-01-2016, 12:47 PM   #6
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Have to put in another good word for Summit Racing. I was trying to put in an aftermarket starter on the blue C5Z and both brands I bought from Summit (Powermaster 6509 and MSD 5096) just would not work in my car. I didn't have any concerns with returning the Powermaster, since I could tell right away that it wouldn't work. But the with the MSD the fitment problem didn't make itself known until I had the header back on. And that was a struggle, since I had to remove the starter bolts in order to get the header past the starter. Of course, it took several tries before I realized it, since with the stock starter the header will drop down and go right in pretty easily. In the process, the MSD starter got bunged up pretty noticeably, and I really figured that Summit would not take it back in that sort of condition. But I contacted Summit and enclosed a photo just to see if they could do anything for me, really expecting to get a "Sorry Charlie" reply.

But nope, they said to just send it back. So I did and got a full refund on it. I was worried that I now had a $300 door stop for the garage. Didn't even cost me a dime for shipping back to them.

There have been times that i have had to return stuff for any number of reasons, and never a complaint from them. They even supply a return label on each invoice, so it's really easy to process.

When I was doing a lot of work on the C5Z replumbing the turbo lines, I wanted to use T-bolt clamps on everything, and they are kind of limited in range a particular size pipe. So I just order the sizes I thought I needed as well as a couple sizes larger and smaller to play it safe. When the dust cleared, I was able to just return the clamps that didn't fit without any hassles whatsoever.

Honestly, I do wish everyone I have ever bought something from was as easy to work with. Summit Racing is just top notch in my book. Even if I could find something a few dollars cheaper elsewhere, I am buy it from Summit. I believe they are just worth keeping my business, and definitely worth supporting so that they remain in business forever.