View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2018, 07:19 AM   #63
CHASZ51
Z51

Name :
CHASZ51 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Whatever happened with that big monster sized telescope you were planning on installing? Weren't you planning on pouring a slab for it or something? Sorry, my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

I've been trying to do some wide angle astrophotography with the new Nikon camera body I bought using a couple of lenses, but I'm not getting good results at all. Just too much graininess when I bump up the ISO values to try to bring out more of the fainter stars. I'm using a 50mm f1.4 lens so it should be able to collect a lot of light. I probably just need to play around with settings more, but it's kind of hard to concentrate out there on the garage apron with skeeters buzzing me. But it was pretty disappointing when none of the pictures I took look worth a damn to me.

We got 0.50 inch of rain today. Not as much as I had hoped for, but better than nothing. The entire rest of this week has some higher percentages of possible rain, but they can mean just getting bird spit amounts of rain, which doesn't help at all except to raise the humidity levels.

Something bit me good on the back of my left shoulder and I've got one heck of a welt there. I normally don't swell up from insect bites, but this one must have been one heck of a bite. The one yellow fly bite I mentioned earlier on my arm where I KNOW he took one heck of a bite didn't leave any welt at all.

But they are getting more ferocious and more numerous around here. Might not have been a real good idea to stay at home this year at this time of year. Not much fun feeling trapped inside the house with marauding flying teeth just waiting for us outside the doors. I've got three mosquito magnets running right now, as they will catch a bunch of the yellow flies, so hopefully they will help.
It was just too much for my back. I am done with monster size scopes..

I remember yellow flies getting bad in Aug up in the woods in Levy county near the gulf.
CHASZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote