Thread: The Right Forum
View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2007, 12:01 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, actually this is a difficult situation to address. There can often be a lot of overlap in what forum a post would be most appropriately located. And yes, I do move quite a few of them, based on my own opinions of what is best. Certainly not everyone will be unanimous in that opinion either. For instance THIS thread could probably be posted in two other forums here that would be considered as being just as appropriate.

Now by "best" my rule of thumb generally is this: If someone were to NEED the information posted in that thread, where would they most logically go to try to find it?

As for the actual club forums, yes, many members would like to specifically interact with their own local members, but I seriously doubt anyone would object to non-members participating there. And most certainly topics of all flavors will certainly come up within each of those forums. I don't have a problem with that, but if the moderators of those forums wish to move those threads to another forum they feel may be more appropriate, then I believe they have the power to do that. If not, just send me a "reported post" notice and I'll take a look at it. But otherwise, I pretty much leave those forums alone and at the discretion of the moderator there.

Actually the forum I get the most threads posted I feel need to be moved is the General BS forum. That was intended for generic NON CORVETTE posting of topics that members here might be interested in discussing.

Of course, there are no penalties on the field for any of this. But heck, 5 years from now YOU may want to find something you posted here. Why not make it easy on yourself and post it somewhere logical where you can find it again? Maybe if everyone keeps that thought in mind, it would make it easier to determine which forum is most appropriate for your thread.