View Single Post
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:42 PM   #12
jpalamaro

Name :
jpalamaro has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
ok, you're ignored

Most good detailers are going to be a bit pricey. Equiptment and supplies are expensive. And the only thing they have to sell, other than thier skills, is thier time. It's one car, one hour at a time.

I don't know what he charges. Last time I spoke with him about it, it depended on the amount of detail you wanted, what you wanted detailed and the car.

See what he says. Tell him I sent you. It may not help, but it may not hurt?
A Concourse d'Elegance type detailer will indeed be expensive. FYI, the guy I use here in JAX may or may not accept your car. Seems a bit odd, but his reputation is 'making cars look good, but there's only so much you can do with all of the snake oil and bags of trick they have.'

When I took delivery on my '09 Black (the worst of worst colors for a detailer) he spent a full day on it; yup, the lousy dealer of course had a splash and run (and scratch) artist taking care of it on the lot. Seems it had to be ??? clay, stone, or some other potions for bring the finish back to perfect; and perfect it is. I of course always remember that I'm not only paying for his time, but his vast experience and expertise.

Didn't mean to preach but you really do get what you pay for. BTW, the full day over 8 hours of work what would normally be about 400 bucks was 250 because he takes care of my cars and know him for years. He got a 50 buck tip and it was worth every penny! He also details the engine!
jpalamaro is offline   Reply With Quote