View Single Post
Unread 05-14-2019, 07:10 PM   #2316
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Well, this is *special*.

The clutch shows up via UPS around 10:30 am. Was planning on running it right out to the shop, but I have been recovering from a pretty bad migraine headache and decided to hold off for a day. So early afternoon, UPS shows up again, bringing another box from Monster Clutch. Which, btw, I knew nothing about ahead of time. Well, turns out that apparently they didn't have the slave cylinder ready when they shipped out the clutch, so they sent the slave separately afterwards but over nighted it. Swell, I thought.

Anyway, here is what I bought.

https://www.tickperformance.com/mons...city-1150rwtq/

Note the image of the slave cylinder/throwout bearing in the above pic? In the advertising text in the link above, it plainly states that the shown slave cylinder is for the 1997-04 C5 Corvette. Which I certainly bought this for.

Well when I opened up the box I got, here is what I found inside.

OK, so maybe this is one of my dumb days brought on by that migraine headache, but darn if I can figure out how this slave cylinder they sent me is supposed to be installed. The stock unit needs to be bolted onto the engine side of the torque tube, with the input shaft running through it. So unless I have to JB Weld this thing to the torque tube, darn if I can figure it out.

Bad enough that had Connie and I just grabbed that clutch box and ran it out to the shop without opening it, there wouldn't have been ANY slave cylinder in it, unbeknownst to me. But heck, I'm not sure this is any better, except it saved us a wasted trip, of course. But I sure don't have a clutch that can be installed right now.