View Single Post
Unread 05-22-2006, 09:02 AM   #19
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile
yep, it was "The Bubble Room". First time there was about 18 years ago. Best food in S. Florida with the exception of a barbecue rib place out on US41. Best ribs I've ever had, and I have lived a good part of my life in Virginia and North Carolina. I heard all the big trees surrounding The Bubble Room are gone . Ft. Myers, Sanibel, and Captiva; great place to visit and relax..........Tom

I just came back fro Sanibel/Captiva last night. Was there Saturday and Sunday (5-20/21-06) to spread my dad's ashes in the gulf.

He was born and raised there, and the family heritage go back to the 1800's there. The GREEN FLASH restaurant is on the property where my uncle T.M. Wiles bar and grill, "Timmy's nook" once stood. The property across the street (the little cracker box house) was my aunts where I spent a LOT of time during the summer.

My great grandmother was the first postmaster there in the post office on Captiva which is now a cottage (Post office "sweet").

We went out to Redfish pass and did the memorial there (Thanks go out to Dave Jensen and the Jensen Brothers Marina and out skipper LARS for the comped boat and skipper! )

Anyway, didn't mean to get off track here.

The trees on captiva are doing ok. It's thinned out a little, but still very beautiful.
We ate at the Bubble Room for dinner saturday and at the Green Flash for lunch on Sunday.

Stayed at the Island Inn (Highly recommended for a peacful retreat) on Sanibel.

I'll do a little write up on the whole trip in the next couple of days.

Sanibel and Captiva......God little piece of paradise on earth......
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote