View Single Post
Unread 05-30-2006, 08:11 PM   #8
Rich427
'69 Vert/'01 Vert/'04 Z16

Name :
Rich427 is on a distinguished road

2V

Until this past Christmas holiday, I had never heard of bladder stones. But we were at our house in Ft. Myers for a couple of weeks and one of our Shih Tzus developed a bladder infection. As luck would have it our veterninarian in Gateway was not available so we had to take her to an emergency clinic in Ft. Myers. The reason she developed the bladder infection was because she also had stones. After we returned back to Maryland she was operated on to remove them. Our vet told us that we had to be more strict with her diet. Easier said than done! When this thing looks you in the eyes, just as you are putting food in your mouth, it is hard to resist accommodating her!

This is our female, we have her brother from the same litter as well but he is tan and white. My wife and the the female, Maggie, are at the local hospital tonight. They have been in an experimental program for about two years. It is called "Healing Paws." The dog has a hospital badge with her picture on it that gets attached to her collar. It is the same badge that the rest of the hospital employees wear. The first time I saw it on her, I laughed so hard it brought tears to my eyes. Anyway, she is really good with the patients, and if it helps the kids in the Peds ward, that is all that matters.

Anyway, I hope your Dobe gets better!

Rich427 is offline   Reply With Quote