View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Battery replacement

I had to replace the battery in the C5Z today. Couldn't believe that 5 years had elapsed since I put the current one in there, but it is what it is. Anyway, I had left the trickle charger off for a few weeks, and the battery didn't like that at all.

So I ordered a replacement Optima Yellow Top from Summit and it got delivered today. It was packed really well and fared the trip without incident.

I surprised myself in that I picked the correct sized wrench on the first time for everything I needed to loosen up. But the real shocker was when I needed to grab an allen wrench to loosen up one of the clamps (I use both the side mount terminals and top mount terminals for this car- the top mounts run the fuel pumps) and I actually pulled the correct size allen wrench on the first try. I don't believe I have EVER done that before. Heck, I should have played the lottery today. I probably would have pulled a winning ticket.

I guess as soon as our road dries out from the rain we got on Monday I NEED to take the car out for a test spin. Just to make sure the battery is working OK, of course.