View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2020, 01:37 AM   #54
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASZ51 View Post
GM has 6 years to fix the C7 and never did. Bad rear ends, A8 trans, cracked wheels and on and on.

Now older C6 's are ticking time bombs with the gas tank leak.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that gas tank snafu. Fortunately I got rid of Connie's 2007 and my 2009 before that particular problem showed up. I wasn't real keen about them putting the fuel pump up on the top of the gas tank anyway. The sensors for gas gauges don't last forever, and it would make the repair expensive if you paid someone to do it, and a pain in the ass if you did it yourself. My C5Z has the fuel pump (actually dual pumps) mounted on the back side of the tank, so it's much easier to get to. Still no picnic, though.

Of course, truth be known, I have no idea where the fuel pump mounts on my two jeeps. It's not something think about when buying a vehicle. You normally only find out about it when one goes bad on you.

I had to replace the pump in Connie's Chevy truck a while back, and it too was mounted on the top of the gas tank. Easiest way I found to work on it was to lift the truck bed off of the frame and get to the gas tank that way. Actually wasn't all that bad. Not an option on passenger cars, though.