View Single Post
Unread 10-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Angry My mom ripped me off as a kid....

I really need to call her about this. I've had a root canal and a crown being done for one tooth, that is costing me around $2K when all is said and done. I've got the temp crown on now, and going back for the permanent one in three weeks.

So what I want to know is, how come as a kid, I was only getting a quarter from the "tooth fairy" for each of those teeth left under the pillow? Obviously they are MUCH more valuable than merely 25 cents. Even factoring in the inflation factor from the 1950s to now.

Yeah, I figured out it was really my mom making the switch (it dawned on me just a couple of years ago.....). My dad wouldn't have had anything to do with something as mundane as that.

I can't rightly remember how many teeth I had placed under my pillow back then, but I guess saying ten of them wouldn't be unreasonable. So let's see, ten times $2K is $20k minus ten times 25 cents ($2.50) leaves my mom owing me $19,997.50.

Now, all I have to figure out is how to tell her without her knocking out the rest of my teeth. She's still pretty fiesty....