View Single Post
Unread 03-09-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Thank you, Keli!

In the interests in helping people get the hang of using the calendar here, I did a bit of a "how-to"...

First off, go to the main page of the forum, and scroll down to the bottom where you can see the calendar entries listed for the next 90 days. You will see something like this.

Click on that image of the calendar in the left hand margin to bring you to the calendar page for the current month. Look down to the left hand corner to see the section depicted below.

Assuming you are entering a single day event, click on that text link that says "Single, All Day Event".

That will put you into a data entry screen, much like entering a post in the forums themselves.

Simply enter the title as you want people to see your event listed. Then select the date of the event in the drop down menu lists. After that simply enter in everything you want people to know about your event, including links and photographs using the standard tools provided for including those functions. Remember, this is JUST LIKE entering a post in a thread in the forums, so this should be easy to understand.

Once you have everything you want there, simply click that "Save Event" button at the bottom, and you are done!

There you go! Your event has now been entered into the calendar.

Now take a look at the full calendar, and there is the event for everyone to see.

See how easy that was?

Now if everyone would put the events they know about on the calendar, this won't all fall onto Keli's shoulders. If you all want people to know about your events and functions, then help us ALL out by keeping US aware of them by using the calendar. I know when I am thinking about getting away in a few weekends, that is the place I scan for upcoming events. So if your event is not there, then I likely just won't know about it. And quite probably, neither will a lot of other people.