View Single Post
Unread 07-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #28
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Honestly, it was fun at the beginning, giving me a good excuse to take the car out and get "frisky" with it, but it's beginning to get old now. I don't normally drive that way. And I know the more times I do it the more I am pressing my luck of whizzing by a random cop encounter and getting in all sorts of trouble. I pick remote areas, where there is very little traffic, but still, there's no predicting just plain old bad luck. I seriously doubt my excuse of doing data logging will convince a cop that it is OK. Having a radar detector would be of no use to me, because with the noise the car makes and just seeing a blue streak going by would leave no doubt that I was exceeding the speed limit. So yeah, the sooner I can wrap this up the better. After all that I went through, I really don't want to have this end with my car getting impounded.

I tried winding the engine out in first and second gears to keep my overall speed down, but that just doesn't seem to kick the turbos into boost as well as the higher gears.

Honestly, I'm ready to be at the point where I can pull the wideband and wiring out of the car and just DRIVE it to enjoy it. Not to mention that pressing down on that gas pedal in third and fourth gear gets me pretty white knuckled. I'm not exactly saying it's real scary, but it certainly commands your undivided attention to the road in front of you and being sensitive to the feel of the car to make sure you don't start going squirrelly. Plus I'm still staying attuned to any strange noises (which thankfully have been absent) in case there are still one or more problems still lurking that I haven't found yet. I don't think there are, but heck, you just never know.