View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2013, 08:01 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

The black rubber molding around the screens was tougher to work with than I thought it would be. It's very rigid plastic, not rubber at all, and the slit for the screen to go into is razor thin and tight. I had to use a thin flat bladed screw driver to pry the edges open while trying to shove the screen in one wire at a time. Meanwhile the wire is pretty darn sharp, so I got jabbed a few times in the process. All in all this was a bugger to work on. I would imagine trying to do this with the bumper still on the car would have been pretty much impossible to do. Having it sitting on my workbench was tough enough doing it. I wire tired the moldings to the screen, so hopefully I won't have to do this job ever again.

Also found that the front of the turn signal lamps weren't bolted into the mounts for them at all. The mounting holes on the lamps don't reach the tabs on the bumper, so I just wire tied them in place. Maybe whoever I get to do the mounting and painting of the bumper can fix that for me.

The black paint on the inside was just falling off while I was working on those screens, so I guess it won't be very tough at all getting it all off. If I felt like cranking up the pressure washer it would probably make short work of getting that crap off.