View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
85vette

Name :
85vette will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRestoredRoadster View Post
Owning a gun isn't the easiest thing in NJ. Most homes there are gun-free zones, if you will. Where are the Liberals now?
And the criminals know it and obviously take advantage of it.

I couldn't be a part of that lifestyle(not having guns around). Firearms have been a presence in my life for as long as I can remember. My Dad told me that he started me firing a .22 rifle when I was 2 years old(he had to hold it for me). As easy as it is to aquire a gun here in Florida, I can't help but think I would be able to find one in NJ or anywhere in the nation. Even if I had to travel to get one. You can find even them on Craigslist for trade, even though it's against site rules.

I can't imagine living somewhere that it would be against the law to own or have a gun in my house. I can understand wanting laws on concealed carry or even open carry as some states allow. But to me, having a weapon in your home falls under the second amendment. Everyone should have the right to defend themselves. Besides, how are they going to know? Unless you shoot that intruder that's beating your wife, like the one in the video. In which case I would rather explain my actions to a jury than choose pallbearers for her funeral.