View Single Post
Unread 06-30-2007, 03:19 PM   #3
Mr. Blue

Location: Edgewater, Florida, just 20 miles south of Daytona, Fl.
Name :
Mr. Blue has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
I read about the new laws last week. This is how they plan on funding road repairs and new roads there. From what I have read there is a good possibility that if someone decides to take the state to court the new penalties will be found to be unconstitutional. Never know. The extra surcharges apply only to Virginia residents with current Virginia licenses, not out of staters. I saw one surcharge for a burnt out bulb will be $350.00. Also most of the infractions are considered felonies and will be permanantly on your record. The judge has no leeway as far as the surcharges and convictions go, if found guilty you must pay 1/3 at the close of the trial, then you can make two more payments.
Yep, that's what I heard also. On that page are links to other states new laws. Did you see where they are CRUSHING modified cars in California, some without even going to court over? Man, these ricers have really screwed it up for us!! Glenn
*Glenn is a past VP of Faternal Order Of Police Lodge #40
*A member of the United States Navy Memorial.
*A member of the Veterans With Vettes Corvette Club
*1 of the 305 who set a Guinness Book World Record aboard the USS Lexington CV-16, Corpus Christi, TX 09-15-2007!!
*The proud grandparent to Leah Martinez!!!
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote