View Single Post
Unread 05-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzona View Post
I would be up for something like that. Now that I am retired and still very healthy I want to start driving more. I have been a member of this forum for a number of years but as you can see my posts aren't very high. Seen a lot of people come and go. I just don't always have a lot to say.... Just ask my wife
Yeah, Connie and I retired the reptile breeding business a couple of years ago. And, of course, getting the blue C5Z back up and running again. We've been talking about doing some travelling, but hasn't happened yet. Unfortunately, I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of guy, so the effort to really ORGANIZE something would not be my cup of tea.

I would pretty much just say we are going to be meeting in Pensacola on such and such a date, head east till we hit Jacksonville Beach, then head south till we get to Key West, than back up the keys to head west to Naples, and then north to Perry and then west back to Pensacola. All the details in between can sort themselves out. No set time limit to get anywhere. Stop when and where we want, and maybe take any number of side trips that seem interesting at the time. The more scenic small roads will be preferred over interstates. And if it's raining where we were planning to drive to, I want to head somewhere where it is NOT raining. Not sure how many people would even be interested in something like that, and had the ability to have such an open ended cruise take up their time.

One thing I have noticed since retiring is that I don't feel the need to rush. I can always to it tomorrow instead of today if that's what I feel like doing. So for me to even THINK of a schedule just makes me cringe.