View Single Post
Unread 07-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #59
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_dir
One of the things I like about it is the different forums for different generations. I have a C6 and when I click on the site, it takes me right to the C6 section. I just got good info about a question I had about the C6 air conditioning system.

Is there a way for you to set this site up so people can talk about their generation with others that own them?

--Mike--
Well, I had considered it, but rejected it for a couple of reasons. (1), this site doesn't have enough traffic and creating duplicate forums for each generation category would make it look even LESS traveled. and (2) I wasn't really sure I wanted to put a natural dividing line among all us Corvette enthusiasts. The division can sometimes cause some conflict. You know, "my vette is better than YOUR vette because it is a Cx generation..."

I can see the benefits of it when someone posts a topic line such as "Can someone help me with my suspension problem?" On one hand someone only being familiar with a particular generation would have wasted his/her time looking at the post if it is a different generation. But on the other hand, the more eyes seeing such a thread, all the better for the person posting it because it increases the possibility that SOMEONE can answer it.

With a much larger site, yes, I can see where such a division would become inevitable because of the necessity. But until it is necessary, I think it best to do it this way for the time being.