View Single Post
Unread 11-30-2018, 12:20 AM   #12
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Sorry, no pics yet. I didn't open the boxes today.

Didn't get a call from the driver till quarter till 3. He said he was heading to his next stop, which was Autozone. I suggested meeting him there to get the wheels from him. So he said he would be there in 10 to 15 minutes.

Connie and I headed out here and stopped off at the post office. I had to ship something out, so I was waiting at the counter while the person in front of my had a half dozen boxes to go out, and was taking forever while she asked question about them, and had them all measured by the guy behind the counter. After the third one, I couldn't wait any longer, so I walked out to head back to Connie's truck. While I was inside, Connie checked the post office box, and she said she saw an R&L Carrier truck go by and thought it had to be the driver we were supposed to meet up with. Problem is that he was headed in the wrong direction, away from Auto Zone. So we drove to Auto Zone, and sure enough, no truck there. It was maybe 10 after 3 when we got there. I went inside and asked the girl at the counter if B&L had been there to make a delivery, and she said yes, he dropped of the delivery and left real soon afterwards. Sheesh...

So we headed back home, in case the truck was headed to our house after all. Glanced at the Walmart parking area as we passed, but didn't see the truck there. And no truck on the road outside our driveway, neither. So I went into the house to check messages on the answering machine. No, I STILL don't use the cell phone.

Anyway, the driver left a message saying something to the effect that he was at the Auto Zone, didn't see us there, and was leaving. Double sheesh.... So I called him and he said he was at the auto store next to Winn Dixie. Which would be Advance Auto. I asked him what the heck he was doing there, and he said when he didn't see us at the Auto Zone, he figured maybe I was confused and went to Advance Auto instead. Yeah, right.... Obviously dealing with a genius here. He said he waited at the Auto Zone for quite a while, and I called BS on that one, telling him I went inside and asked the girl and her story didn't jive with what he was saying. So he says, "OK, I guess I didn't stay there that long.".

So I asked him how long he intended on staying at Advance Auto and he said he would stay there as long as needed. But then changed his tune and said he would meet me at the Dollar Store (or whatever it is called), nearby to where we live. I was getting pretty hot by this time. We headed out again, this time to the Dollar Store, and yeah, the truck was there. Then the driver tries to tell me that he told me he would be at the Auto Zone at 3:15. I said, "Oh no you didn't. You said you would be there 10 to 15 minutes from when I talked to you on the phone originally." So he then says, "Oh, I guess maybe I did say that." The guy isn't real good at lying, apparently.

Anyway, got the wheels loaded into Connie's truck, brought them back home, and have them sitting in the garage. By then I had had enough, so I figure I will open up the boxes tomorrow. I want to set up for video while unboxing them, and just didn't feel like messing with it this evening.

I hope this isn't an omen. None of the four boxes look damaged on the outside, so that is a good sign, but still...... I always get the heebie-jeebies when things go wrong, as you just don't know when the bad stuff will stop, nor what it is trying to tell you.

But I'll see how things go tomorrow, I guess.

Oh, no apologies from the driver for missing the appointment window. R&L's website says they guarantee delivery in the window, but no mention of what exactly they guarantee. Nothing of the sort "Guaranteed to be delivered within the appointment window or __________". So I emailed them about that. I think I am due that _________.