View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #2
Nytro
Delta House Member

Name :
Nytro is on a distinguished road

I think the rule of thumb is you get about half of what you paid for the mods you installed. Performance mods can scare some potential buyers off as they tend to think the car has been driven harder than a stock car. Sometimes this is true, sometimes not. Sometimes if you have a stock low milage car a buyer can get the opportunity of buying an unmolested car that feels new. Case in point, I had a 70 440 six pack Cuda that I use to bracket race. I took out the wiper motor, heater core, radio, road lamps, anything I could take out to save weight. I took off the shaker hood and installed a fiberglass hood with an aluminum air box. I raced the car for a year or so, then put everything back to stock and sold it to a guy from Australia who shipped the car there. When I was done he got a stock 440 six-pack Cuda which is what he wanted. If your buying a car for a long term investment stock is the way to go, but you gotta wait 40 years, look at what stock mint mid-years are bringing. I personally wouldn't want a highly modded car unless it was done correctly by the right person. ***holes and opinions, everybodys got one. This is mine.
Nytro is offline   Reply With Quote