View Single Post
Unread 10-29-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
Formula Outlaw
65' 2 owner car

Name :
Formula Outlaw has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytro
It would not be ethical in my opinion, but then again the car business isn't an ethical business. It is built on lies and deceit. I have worked at new car dealers all my adult life and believe me lies and unethical practices are the norm. Sure, once and a while you run into an honest person whose main objective isn't to pick your pocket clean, but they are far and few. Just in case your wondering I was one of those people, yes there were times I did lie, but usually only to cover someone elses screwups, but I never took unfair advantage of someone, a few liberties with some female customers in my younger days but thats for another thread. A supercharger isn't a mod like a set of chrome wheels. The only purpose for a supercharger is for more horsepower which could translate into abuse.

There is far too much money at stake to be honest and trustworthy. When buying a used car, any used car "buyer beware" should be first and foremost on your mind.

This is interesting.

I've seen some "modded" Vettes go across B-J with all the stock parts mothballed and going with the sale of the car. It does not seem to have hurt the selling prices of that car.

I agree with you on the "question of ethics", but not with "because the car business isn't an ethical business" that we should lower ourselves to the unethical business practices of way too many sellers. If I sell something, I'm straight about it. Just my two cents.

65' - originally L76 - now full roller motor - est. 128 rear wheel horsepower- 4.11 Posi - original parts mothballed / 1,657 coats of wax, AND the clock works...
Formula Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote