View Single Post
Unread 07-03-2006, 05:51 PM   #5
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

So is the procedure to keep advancing timing until you DO start to get retard knock counts? More advance is better up until that point? At what RPM range would I be most likely to see the counts if I have the advance TOO far?

What about the Power Enrichment settings? Are they something I should take a look at as well? I take it from you recommendations that slightly lean is better then slightly rich with the AFR?

Thanks for the tip on the error codes. It may be just what you are saying PLUS maybe the MAF just being dirty. The guy I got this car from apparently didn't know what he was doing and tried the wirewrap air cleaner mod. I believe he left something off, because there were openings BELOW the filter allowing outside air to bypass the filter completely. When I replaced the throttle body with my Shaner S3, the old TB was absolutely filthy. Since I found that kluge that guy did, I have been getting the oil changed every time I take it to the shop for ANYTHING, hoping to clean out any gunk that may have gotten into the engine through the air cleaner.

Oh, and about the torque management thing, is that really only for automatics like I am thinking? Seems kind of odd that I see this displayed on my Predator when I tell it I have a manual transmission.....

Thanks for you help.