View Single Post
Unread 07-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Venom
So Rich, are we having fun yet? Please stay out of the P.E. without a wideband. As far as your timing goes, I am not nuts over tuning large areas in a general way. But since that is all the ability that you have, my suggestion is to add no more than 2 degrees at a time, logging for knock. You will have to use the seat of the pants method to find out how much feels right to you. Go ahead and turn your tq management all the way up. Your cat over temp, well I would guess to turn that all the way up. Seems like that would be same as me turning it off. Since you don't have a wideband, keep checking those plugs. You are starting to approach the danger areas of tuning.
Well I really wouldn't call this "fun". Especially when you run up a flag warning me about "danger areas"! And no, I haven't been checking the plugs at all. I figured I was being real conservative with what I was doing. So what are the PRE danger area signs I should be looking for?

Today I punched it in second gear to go around a truck before the road narrowed to a single lane and the engine literally SCREAMED! Never heard that before. Definitely threw me back into my seat as well. Passed that truck like it got stuck in a time warp or something. I guess I'm OK with what I have done so far, and don't need to do an "oops, I guess I went a little too far..." event.

Wish you guys were closer so I could get you to do a real tune for me.

Oh, btw, interesting to note, but since I adjusted the COT and the torque management stuff, I no longer have a surging problem that I used to have while the A/C was running. At least I think it is gone, as I didn't have it at all today when I went for a ride. It was VERY noticeable at low speed when driving down my road at just 10 mph (yeah, I live on an unpaved road), but didn't have it at all today.