View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2007, 08:23 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Water beading and spotting

OK, I'm puzzled by this. Today my sister in law comes to visit us and it's been raining most of the day. So her Jeep Cherokee (silver gray colored) has been sitting outside and the rain water eventually evaporated off of it. So I go and give it a real close eyeball to see how badly the finish is spotted from water spots. Well, let me tell you, I couldn't find ANY......... Yet if I had had the silver C6 out there in similar situations, the spots would have been terrible to behold.

So what the heck is going on? Are we making our own headaches by using all these products that MAKE the water bead up on the surface? Is the beading actually a detriment by promoting the water spots? Perhaps having no beading at all is the best route to take.

Now I have looked for products that claim to not cause water beading and instead allow water to sheet off of the surface, and I am not thinking strongly that I may have to try that out. Of course, maybe I am just looking at this from a cockeyed point of view, but perhaps things that make water spots should be considered as BAD, and things that don't, are GOOD. Other considerations aside, of course.....

Now thinking back on it, I never ever, even when I used to take diligent care of my previous vehicles, can remember having problems with water spots. Was I just not paying attention to detail, or have we created our own frankenstein?