Thread: Wheel weight?
View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2006, 01:08 AM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I know what you mean. I have read posts from people talking about removing their side moldings to save on weight. I think my comment was that if it got that critical, I would just go on a diet and lose about 10 pounds. Heck I put in one of those sound partitions behind the seats between the passenger compartment and the trunk area. Darn think feels like it is made of particle board and weighs quite a bit. But if you want to deaden noise, I guess you need something that is pretty solid. Now if that slowed down the car any, I certainly didn't feel it.

I guess maybe if I bought the car to take to the dragstrip every weekend and shaving off a tenth of a second in the quarter mile was important to me I would think differently about it, but such is just not the case.

Actually I had in mind getting a supercharger or turbocharger as well, but the logical part of me is saying "Hey stupid! What the hell are you going to do with that extra 200 horsepower? You are either going to burn your rear tires off every 2 months, or you are going to start breaking stuff that is going to be expensive to fix." But there sure is that other side of me thinking "Yeah, but how cool is that to have a Supercharged Corvette??".
Rich Z is offline   Reply With Quote