View Single Post
Unread 02-10-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by C6Flatfoot View Post
TOOOOOO many variables in this hypothetical encounter to argue about being patted down, and when an officer would do so, but we both know that any officer with some time on the job follows his or her training, legalities, and immediate circumstances, as well as his or her gut feelings about a pat down. I'm sure you didn't pat down anyone unless your hackles were raised and you felt a concern about your safety or contraband.

We could have a great chat and go on and on about it, but it was only meant as a consideration.

You may be correct because most LEOs who work in the wilderness or wildlife areas are usually on their own and far from a back up. This factor alone may make them more apt to pat down persons they encounter. I never worked in a position like that so I don't know how I would conduct myself. It would be interesting to get an opinion of a retired LEO that worked in this rural capacity.

Any outcome of the encounter would ultimately depend on the circumstances, and interactions of the LEO and the person(s) involved.

Good thread and food for thought.
Absolutely bro
Way too many variable.
Was meant as something else to consider, not an arguement.
If it came across that way, my apologies.

You're pretty much dead on on the pat downs. Usually suspected something.

When I started and up until I went to Street crimes, Special Operations and Motors, I worked a lot of remote area.

Far east side of our county, and the most remote reaches both north and south.
They didn't call it "Fort Lonesome" for nothing

As a Deputy Sheriff, our closest backup was sometimes 30 minutes or more away...if there was one at all.

YOu had to rely on your instincts and training, and a good does of BS and luck didn't hurt either

Take care and stay safe

Remember:
Artificial Intelligence is no replacement for Natural Stupidity!

Be Polite, Be Professional...and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote