View Single Post
Unread 05-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #5
john s.

Name :
john s. is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveGel

Inspect the O-ring seal for cuts or damage. If the oil level indicator tube O-ring seal is not cut or damaged, it may be reused.
Lubricate the O-ring seal with clean engine oil.
Install the O-ring seal onto the oil level indicator tube.
Install the oil level indicator tube into the engine block and rotate into proper position.

Notice
Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the tube bolt to the right cylinder head. Tighten
Tighten the oil level indicator tube bolt to 25 N·m (18 lb ft).

Install the oil level indicator into the tube.

Thanks alot! that pretty much shows what i needed to know. It looks I changed tubes out with my lgm pro long tubes, that would explain why it isnt fitting now. I need to find my stock one or buy a new one I guess. Thanks alot.
john s. is offline   Reply With Quote