View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough
Default Hinson Motor Sports

So I'm in the process of buying tools and parts for the time when I have to replace the clutch on my C5Z. I also noted that the driver's side engine mount is bad (another fine example of Pfadt products) so I need to replace those mounts as well.

I found a set that looked decent from Hinson Motor Sports and had good reviews, and decided to order them today. Also ordered a set of heat shields for them as being close to the headers I suppose they are a good thing to have. So I went to their website, read everything to make sure I was getting the ones I wanted, and placed the order, paying via PayPal. Everything went without incident, and I got the usual email notice that they have received the order. So I'm looking over that emailed invoice and see the following at the bottom of it:

Quote:
"FOR RACING PURPOSES ONLY. These competition parts are sold "as is" and without warranty of any kind. Purchaser acknowledges that the installation of these parts will cause his/her vehicle to be unable to be lawfully used on public highways and assumes all risks and expenses thereof. Buyer recognizes that motor racing is a dangerous sport and that participants therein incur and assume the risk of bodily injury, death, or property damage."
Oh really? Putting their motor mounts on my car will cause it to be illegal for use on public roads? Hell, I don't acknowledge that AT ALL. And those parts are "as is" without any warranty of any kind?

Bullcrap with that! I fired off an email immediately and told them if that is the case, then cancel my order and refund my money.

Now I've heard good things about Hinson, and I believe I have purchased from them in the past, so this took me by surprise. I can't recall any other seller I have purchased automobile parts from ever making a disclaimer of that sort on the stuff they sell. But in any event, looks like I'm going to have to look for a PLAN B for the engine mounts for the Z.