View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #106
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Tune #2014_10_19_0005

Not logged.

{B3616} - Normal PE Mode Enable (TPS %) - sharpened slope from 1600 to 4000 rpm.

Notes: Took the car out for a test drive today and when I had the paved part of my road under the wheels, I goosed the throttle a little bit. I honestly exclaimed "DAYUMMM" when the car just took off like a shot. Now we're talking! This is what I was looking for. I drove around for a while to try out the change in multiple driving situations, and the change was impressive, to say the least. One thing that shocked me was that I was hearing the blow-off valve sounding off a LOT. So it was going into boost very rapidly. Hah! For the STS-haters who say that their turbo system has too much lag, they should take THIS car out for a ride.

Actually I think even a bone stock tune could get a real boost in "seat of the pants" feel by making this minor change. I'll show the tables below to show the difference.

Here's what you would generally see in a stock C5 Z06 tune for the {B3616} table:

And below is the same table with the changes I made prior to this last one:

And this is the change I made last night and loaded in today that gave me such a marked improvement in throttle response:

Anyway, I'm pleased as punch about how the car is driving now. The throttle response is just superb. To give you an analogy of how it feels, to any of you who have done body surfing, you know the feeling when you catch the wave just right and you feel the total power of the wave carrying you along. THIS is the feeling I get with my foot on the gas pedal. Feels like almost unlimited power available that is directly correlated to how much I press on the gas pedal. Pretty danged awesome feeling!