View Single Post
Unread 01-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #4
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Actually, I had someone from Affordable Automotive Equipment out of Orlando contact me today and gave me a pretty good price on the lift, transporting it and install.

But I may be stymied by my own lack of foresight when I had the concrete poured. The expansion joints might get in the way. I don't believe it will be a good idea to have those posts mounted on or very near the joints as the concrete may be more prone to cracking and breaking there with the stresses applied. There is a long joint right down the center of the building running lengthwise (which is probably the best place to put the posts). Then each bay has another joint running back to front between it and the next. I have to measure the distance between the joints, but I believe it will be something like 12.5 ft. The outside edges of the mounting flanges on the posts are 11 ft. apart. So the question is how far away from a seam or joint do those posts have to be? I'll send out some queries, but I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot with this....