View Single Post
Unread 05-19-2006, 08:32 AM   #7
exile

Name :
exile is on a distinguished road

It's been several years since I was on Sanibel, but it is one of the most beautiful cays in FL. Planners kept commercial signage to a minimum and restricted the building codes in such a way as to keep the island very nice. Great getaway place. I used to take the boat from Sarasota down to a small resort on Captiva and lay around, fishing, swimming, and enjoying the great places to eat down there.
I recently ask about a certain restaurant on Captiva and was told the last hurricane messed the place up pretty bad. I hope the area is still as nice as I remember it.
Another thing I have done while in Ft. Myers is to take the Thomas Edison Home/Henry Ford Home tour. I'm somewhat of a history buff and have enjoyed the tour several times and look forward to doing it again soon. Very interesting history, architectural, horticultural, experience.
I'd love to meet you guys down there but once again, prior plans will keep me from it. Have fun! I'll catch up with ya'll sometime soon I'm sure ..........Tom