View Single Post
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

So today I put spots of clear coat over most of the rock chips on the hood. I know I will have to do a second and third pass (maybe more) before all is said and done. But I sure do hope that Langka stuff works, otherwise I'm going to have a hell of a mess on my hands. It's hard to see in the photos, but my hood looks like it has chicken pox with all those paint blobs all over it. But it does seem that the clear coat fills in the paint chips nicely and reduces the visibility of the chips quite a bit from a reasonable viewing distance.

However, on the cracks, not so much. Not sure what exactly to do there, but I'll just have to wait and see how it turns out when I feel like I have done all that I can do.

The instructions say to let the touch up paint dry from 2 to 24 hours, so I may start using the Langka blob eliminator stuff later this evening and see how well it goes. I honestly doubt I would have had the guts to do something like this except for the fact that the car is facing a complete paint job anyway. It looks pretty damned scary when you first start doing this.