View Single Post
Unread 02-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #17
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Rich, my brother, my friend,...,enough...as a friend...enough.
Gordon, my friend, don't presume to tell me what to do on my own site. I'm calling things as I see them. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
Well, you do live in the boonies, and any choice to do so carries with it, it's own set of risks.
The more remote I become, the less likely law enforcement will reach me before the bad guy.
In this scenario, you'll actually be setting yourself up for a much better shot while maintaining a high degree of safety for you and Connie.
And you have no idea of the layout of my house, or what is best for ME and CONNIE, HERE in THIS situation. This house was designed to be open, allow us to view the outside and attendant nature from most rooms. Single ground floor, windows all around with no curtains. We like watching birds at the feeders while laying in bed in the morning. Certainly not built as a fortress with a "safe" room anywhere. Quite simply, anyone casing our house for 2 minutes would know where we were located simply by looking in the windows. To remain in ANY room waiting for the calvary, hoping the bad guys wouldn't "find" us, is ludicrous. If there is an intruder in my house, I am not even going to take my attention off of my surroundings for an instant to reach for the phone. That might be a couple of seconds that I just can't waste in that manner.

Quite honestly, probably the only reason that no one has ever really bothered us here is because EVERYONE knows we have snakes and we have guns. And I'm not telling them we don't have the snakes any longer.... And you can bet people seeing us drive up and down our road in Corvettes will get ideas.... However, anyone passing by our driveway and seeing me likely notices that I am ALWAYS carrying a gun.