View Single Post
Unread 02-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #9
Rich Z
Internet Sanitation Engineer

Name : Rich Zuchowski
Rich Z will become famous soon enoughRich Z will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
My vehicles are registered to my wife and myself. Maybe a friend is driving it. How can they write me a ticket? Gordon, say whatever you want to about safety, but this is bullshlt. Same for the speeding cameras.

My blood just boils when I read this crap. How long before 'big brother' is in our house?
Probably just a baseless rumor, but I heard a while back that phones and even your cable TV are actually bidirectional with audio. Heck, I remember seeing devices sold that you could hook up to your home phone that would allow you to silently call in and be able to monitor the inside of your house remotely. With computers being in just about everything, do you REALLY know all of the circuitry in them and the coding being processed? Do you really think NSA would TELL us about this little "perk" of the current day "connected" society?

This is one of the reasons I don't use a cell phone. I have one for emergencies, but it is NEVER turned on unless I have to make an immediate call out. I just don't care to broadcast my whereabouts to anyone.

But for the most part, if you don't believe that "Big Brother" is already here, you are being pretty naive.