View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2006, 09:31 AM   #14
Anti Venom
Wrencher

Name :
Anti Venom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z
What is it about the STS that makes you put it at top of your list? I thought I saw that the air cleaners are tucked up under the rear bumpers. Is that right?

And I thought I also heard that this was the most expensive of the FI options, is that true?
Yes, the air filters are in the rear bumper. These are at the top of my list because after trying many other combinations, we found this to be an awesome setup with few drawbacks, after doing a few in house revisions, it became virtually flawless. Just think......you want more boost?.....turn a knob and the boost is raised. For your other question.....this will piss a few people off.....It is more expensive than a blower. A Corvette is more expensive than a Camaro......but what did everyone here buy? Why? Because it is better? The most expensive way is what Tom did, buy a blower, drive it for a while, then change to an STS kit. He did'nt do this as a fad thing. He got tired of the blower. Many reasons there. He is much happier with turbocharging. I am not saying to not buy a supercharger here, I still like them too. I am just saying that if it were my car there is no way that I would pick a blower over a turbo. I have driven them both.
Anti Venom is offline   Reply With Quote