View Single Post
Unread 06-14-2006, 07:51 AM   #8
Shadow

Name :
Shadow will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5STATETROOPER
The crap that they bolt all over their tags is illegal too - I am amazed when someone says that they were told that their donation would help them out since they are a "booster" member. Folks, our budgets are set by the Governor and money comes from sales tax - not booster memberships. Some people flame out when they get a ticket and they are a "Booster".

On a side note - please dont ever donate to a State Trooper organization that solicits on the phone. They are not Troopers calling you (even though they say they are) and only a tiny percentage actually goes to a Trooper's family that lost their loved one in the line of duty.

Those clowns call me about 3-4 times a year!!! Some hayseed good 'ole boy sounding guy (same one everytime or they're clones ) hits you with all the heartstring stuff about supporting the troopers and thier families yada yada yada....

He also "implies" that the decals you get (how many ya want son?) will provide some sense of security if you should get stopped .

I put an ad in the magazine one year for my private business and they haven't stopped since.....
Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote